Reopen Hearing


You may file a Motion To Reopen your case. A defendant may within six (6) months after the judgment is entered move for relief from the judgment because of mistake, inadvertence, surprise, or excusable neglect. A Motion To Reopen form needs to be completed by you and submitted to the court. This can be done by mail or email. Contact the court by mail, telephone or email to request a form.

Your request should explain in detail why the court should reopen your case. The judge will read the request and determine if there are legal grounds to reopen your case. The court will notify you when a determination has been made on your request.  If your motion is granted, the court will set a hearing date. If your motion is denied, the original finding of guilty and the original sentence will remain as previously determined.