Municipal Court Payments


Forfeiture. The term "forfeiture" as used here includes statutorily-required surcharges and court costs. The forfeiture amount that is usually imposed for your violation is shown on the citation in the upper right hand corner. Some may also use the term "bond" amount.

How can I pay the forfeiture?

  • Cash, personal check or money order payable to the Town of Cottage Grove Municipal Court.
  • Online at formerly known as using the Town of Cottage Grove payment location code #A000dn. You can also access allpaid /GovPayNet on the Town of Cottage Grove website: and click on Departments and then click on Municipal Court.

Where can I pay the forfeiture?

  • In court, when the court is in session.
  • At the Town of Cottage Grove Town Hall, 4058 County Road N, usually Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
  • In the drop box at the Town of Cottage Grove Town Hall located to the left of the entrance.
  • By mail, to Town of Cottage Grove Municipal Court, 4058 County Road N, Cottage Grove, WI 53527. Please do not send cash.

When is the forfeiture due to be paid?

  • By or before the Initial Appearance (IA) court date if you do not intend to appear or contest the citation.
  • On the IA court date if you appear and plead guilty or no contest.
  • Upon being found guilty upon your own plea or by default for not showing up on a court date or upon trial.

What if I cannot afford to pay the forfeiture on the due date?

  • Before the due date you should contact the court office and ask for more time to pay or request an installment payment plan. Such requests are usually granted.
  • You can mail a written request, call the Court Clerk or email the court. That request must clearly identify you, include your telephone number and address. You may request a new due date (not more than 60 days) or an installment plan. The court will mail you a written confirmation of any extended due date or payment plan.

What happens if I fail to pay the forfeiture as as scheduled?

  • Your driver's license may be suspended for up to two (2) years or until you pay; or,
  • Other licenses may be revoked; or,
  • A jail sentence may be ordered; or,
  • A warrant may be issued for you to be arrested and brought before the court; or,
  • A tax intercept of tax refunds may be imposed or turned over to a collection agency.