Implements of Husbandry/Ag Commercial Vehicles

Implements of Husbandry (IoH) and Agricultural Commercial Motor Vehicles (Ag CMVs) are how WisDOT refers to tractors, trailers and other vehicles that are used for agricultural work. Recognized as essential tools in the agricultural industry, these vehicles are allowed to operate on roadways. However, this equipment is heavy and poses risks to bridges and pavements. These vehicles are big and can be difficult to maneuver as well, which creates safety concerns. Laws regulating IoH and Ag CMVs on the roads promote public safety and help protect our infrastructure

Wisconsin Act 377 made several changes to the way agricultural vehicles may operate on the public roadway.
For more information, please see:

The Cottage Grove Town Board has chosen to enact a local ordinance establishing a permit requirement for agricultural commercial vehicles and implements of husbandry, which went into effect on January 15, 2015. For more information on this local ordinance, please see:

To apply for a permit, please select the appropriate form under the local government section at