The licensing year for all types of Alchohol Beverage and Cigarette Licenses runs from July 1st thru June 30th. The Clerk will mail renewal information to all licensed establishements in April. A public hearing, followed by Town Board consideration of applications, is held on the first Monday in June.
Licensing of Establishments
- Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue publication pb-302 Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers
- Town of Cottage Grove Ordinance Chapter 05 - Alcohol Beverages
- AT-115 Renew Alcohol Beverage License Application (For currently licensed establishments)
- AT-106 Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
- AT-104 Schedule of Appointment for Agent (Only needed if the Agent changes from what is on file with the Town)
- AT-103 Auxiliary Questionnaire must be filled out for all officers and/or directors (Only needed if there has been a change to what is on file with the Town)
- AT-315 Application for Temporary Class "B"/"Class B" Retailer's License, also known as a Picnic Beer/Wine license. Available to Bona fide clubs and organizations only.
- CTP-200F Application for Cigarette and Tobacco Products License
Licensing of Operators and Managers
The Town Of Cottage Grove Alcohol Beverage Licenses and Arrest / Conviction Records Guidelines was adopted by the Town Board to provide guidance to the Town Clerk and the Town Board in evaluating applications for Alcohol Beverage licenses. Potential applicants are advised to review the guidelines prior to submitting an application.
Operator and Manager license applicants must submit the following to the Town Clerk:
- A completed Operator's or Manager's License Application
- Certification of completion of an accredited Responsible Beverage Server's Course within the last two yours, or a copy of a retail license, manager's or operator's license held anywhere in the State of Wisconsin within the past two years
- $25.00 application fee - Make Check Payable to the Town of Cottage Grove