Voter registration drives will increase in 2020. These organizations are not affiliated with the Town of Cottage Grove and while most organizations are legitimate, this is also an area of opportunity for scammers. Be aware that voter registration requires personal information such as your date of birth and driver’s license number. Never give personal information to anyone you don’t know and trust.
Also, since Town of Cottage Grove residents can have mailing addresses in Madison, Deerfield and McFarland, and residents with Cottage Grove mailing addresses can reside in either the Town or the Village of Cottage Grove, it can be difficult for third parties to choose the correct voting location based on address. This can lead to confusion and delay of processing of voter registration applications.
The Town of Cottage Grove does not send out voter registration application forms unless specifically requested.
The safest means to register to vote includes the following:
- *Online at the MyVote Wisconsin: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
- *By mail (complete the voter registration form): https://elections.wi.gov/forms/el-131-fillable
- *Mail with Proof of Residency to: Municipal Clerk, Town of Cottage Grove, 4058 County Road N, Cottage Grove, WI 53527
- In-person at your Municipal Clerk’s Office: Open M-F, 8:00 am-12:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- In-person at your assigned polling location on Election Day 7am-8pm
Note: All options require acceptable proof of residency. For additional information on acceptable Proof of Residency: https://elections.wi.gov/publications/voter-guides/proof-of-residence
*Please keep in mind that voter registration forms must be postmarked no later than the 3rd Wednesday before the election you plan to vote in. Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m
For more information about voting in the Town of Cottage Grove, see https://www.tn.cottagegrove.wi.gov/election-information/